Monday, January 11, 2016

Where It All Started


“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better,” said Albert Einstein.

When I came to the United States, my love for nature started to grow bigger. At the same time, I found myself facing a completely new culture, with different types of people having lifestyles that were anything but expected to me. Some experiences were tougher than others. Therefore, whenever I engaged in conflicting encounters leaving me unsettled and hurt, I took the closest path to nature with my camera.


As I spent more time photographing nature, I came to the realization that under the exterior beauty one sees when glancing at nature, there are even prettier details that can only be observed with prolonged staring. The connection I established with nature had allowed me to find parts of my soul and to build a stronger relationship with God. All of this creates an atmosphere of positivity, which gets captured in the photographs I take. Positive feelings flood back to me every time I look at them.

To me, an intriguing aspect about nature is the continuously growing bond that gets stronger with time. I believe it takes a lifetime to fully understand and appreciate nature, and that my relationship with nature will infinitely progress.

Unlike many others, my relation with nature is peaceful and quite. Every single part of nature tells a story that can never be conveyed using the complicated languages of humans. These stories are expressed in a unique way; they are told through silence.

The similarities between some aspects of nature and parts of our lives are unreal. These are, of course, subjective, but they seem very intuitive to me. I chose to photograph nature to show the relation between our stories and the environment, and to document the spiritual peace I found in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment